How many cows are there in Texas?
That's just one of the questions that Fancy Hands client Kate, of Prepwise.com, has asked her assistants to research for her. And then she sent us this email:
I logged in to place another request, but realized you may not hear often enough how appreciated you are.
The service is great and admittedly so is the price point. Thanks.
Also, big kudos to your user interface team. I recently had to build another site (which is NOT my bag), and was reminded how unsung cohesive design is. Your design aesthetic works for me. This dashboard is perfect. Nice contrast with the tasks remaining and reboot date. All above the fold. Clean. Simple. Pleasant design really does make it nice to return. Thanks for all you do.
-High five from The West Village, NYC
I reached out to Kate further and she added:
The question I had when I signed up was, "Will I really need 25 requests? What can I possibly need every month that they can do?" You'll see I've used most of my requests most months.
Your team has helped me clarify some direction by doing some of the high level research so I could free up my mental resources for other activities.
I've been surprised by how many tasks you guys can actually help with once I started thinking about chunking the way I need/use information.
There have been a couple of phone calls to Time Warner and Con Edison, but really, the biggest draw is having a smart assistant do a quick search - another thinking person contributing to my efforts.
It often saves me from doing the same search and lets me start deeper. In the case of filing out paperwork, your team has helped me find the document I needed so I could get work of the work done without needing to do the pre-work of the work.
Here are some requests that Kate sent to her Fancy Hands assistants recently:
- Can you send me 4-5 options for tech-oriented, flexible office space in NYC?
- Please call this admissions office and ask them if they would sponsor or extend an existing F-1 visa for one of my students if she enrolls with them for a year while she continues her English studies to get into an American university.
- Please help me identify 3 anti-virus software options using Mac Lion or Snow Leopard that will protect my machine and create logs that can be downloaded and shared as needed.
- How much gas do Americans use to drive their cars annually?
- What's the number of Apple products in use?
- How many dogs are there in the US?
- Can you please get me in ASAP for an allergy patch test with my doctor?
- Please help me identify the best 4-5 places to bring my iMac and external hard drive for repair. Places that specialize in Mac repairs and or recovering lost data due to corrupted mac hard drives get priority. Previous happy customer ratings that highlight expert technicians are a big plus.
- Where can I find the best roast beef sandwich in New York?
Well…now we’re hungry.
Thank you, Kate, for being a member of Fancy Hands, and for letting us know how we're doing!